Support for Parents, Carers and Family Members
Our Specialist Speech, Language and Communication Therapist offers parents, carers and family members:
- Advice about seeking a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Discussion of the differences and difficulties your child is experiencing
- The provision of a supporting report you can take to your GP or to the specialist NHS team.
- Help to understand more about autism, and what it means to you and your family.
- Support to explore and make sense of how your child responds, experiences the world and behaves.
- Identification of strategies that people around your child can use to help them to understand others, express themselves safely and effectively, process information, and interact with others.
- Assistance liaising with teachers about supporting your child more effectively, and making changes in school to help the child to feel OK and able to learn.