with Jenny Reid and Rosie Dymond
Friday 19th – Saturday 20th October 2018, 10am – 4pm
This two-day event is suitable for qualified or trainee counsellors and therapists, or practitioners working in a supportive role with children and young people. The course will provide an overview of the theoretical basis of Non-Directive Play Therapy, as well as an opportunity to experience practical skills and techniques.
The training will be delivered by two BAPT qualified Play Therapists, with more than 20 years’ combined experience.
This interactive, experiential workshop will introduce the key theories and principles of Non-Directive Play Therapy, including:
- An introduction to psychosocial theories of child development.
- Applying the core conditions of Person Centred therapy to facilitate child led play.
- Identifying themes and dynamics, formulating and using working hypotheses.
- Involving parents and systems to build a therapeutic alliance.
- Exploring a range of play and creative materials.
- Therapeutic limit setting.
This event is offered as a stand-alone course, and will provide practitioners with a range of skills, techniques and theoretical concepts to incorporate into their ongoing professional practice. It also forms the first stage of our Certificate in Creative Counselling for Young People, which meets BACP Stage Two curriculum requirements for work with young people aged 11-18+.
The training will be delivered at an accessible venue close to Sheffield city centre.
Cost: £187.50 standard (£225 inc VAT); £150 for students (£180 inc VAT)*
*We are currently in the process of registering for VAT, and expect this to take effect from the end of July 2018. All applications finalised before we register will be invoiced at the lower price; invoices supplied after that date will be subject to VAT.